Is this the UK's Worst Cemetery ?

All 34 photos are now added, it may take a while longer to write what I think  so please bear with me.

On our recent trip to Snowdonia we passed the Llanbeblig Cemetery in Caernarfon 4 or 5 times a day. I like to walk round graveyards, I find it peaceful and it gives me a sense of being alive.
This place, however, left me in a state of shock and disgust. I have never in my life seen so much disrespect for the dead, or the living.
I also wanted to pay my respects at the war graves. From what I could find out there are over 30 dead heroes buried here, I couldn't even find them.

A quote from the council :-

Councillor Owen sees the clear-up as the first stage in cutting down on anti-social behaviour in the area.

"The state of the cemetery has been bothering me for about six years, there is no respect for the place whilst it is like this," he said.

That was in 2005 after 14 members of the Welsh Guard cleared the cemetery on their return from Iraq, councillor Owen appears to have done nothing. 

I also want to mention the citizens of Caernarfon, what the hell is the matter with you people ?
Get off your lazy arses and do something about it. For gods sake, it's drunken kids and junkies. Or do you care so little about your dead ?

You can read my wifes opinion over at  Picking Oranges :- Caernarfon has no respect for it's dead

Edmund Burke was right.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. "

Says it all really.






                                                                                          

                                 

0 comments:

Post a Comment